Sunday 26 October 2008

Would YOU buy a pizza from Victoria??

VB (1)

This leaflet came through my door the other day and I have looked at it several times during the week and wondered if I was alone in thinking this was out of order?

Perhaps I am a prude....or old fashioned but something stirred inside me when I turned the page...

VB (3)

I struggled to see the point of the semi naked woman on page 2, or even the point of having women and footballs atall? Maybe the owners have a wish only to attract men who have an eye for scantily clad women? Or a football fanatic who likes pizzas?

VB (5)

On the other side of the money making coin, was this a good marketing ploy to lure people of both genders, either to antaganise or please? I myself would not buy a pizza from there....but, I am now aware of where this place is, what they sell and how much they annoyed the hell out of me for putting this through my door!

VB (6)

So what do YOU think.... am I being a neurotic middle aged prude? Do you have any views or a different PERCEPTION of what I see?

Thanks for reading my rant and have a great day.

4 comments:

Laura Jayne said...

I only find the false advertising offensive as clearly this girl has never had a pizza in her life with that body.

I on the other hand have had a slice or two. But I don't think my curves would be on this place's menu.

It did make me laugh though,

Unknown said...

LOL, like your style, and I agree she dosn't even look like a pizza eater.

Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

Shakespeare's Housekeeper said...

Hello Cinnamon!
Like your blog...and felt i had to comment on this post.
Yes, offensive, yes, did make me laugh though...but the spelling mistakes on it are truly monumental!
The takeaway menus we have are the same- no naked women, but our village names (where they will deliver to) are truly distorted out of all recognition.
SH xxx

Unknown said...

Hiya Shakespeares Housekeeper, perhaps this sort of "riskque" (SP?)advertising was logically thought out and the owner deliberately wanted to cause a stir.... he certainly caught my attention lol!

Thanks so much for your compliment, I enjoyed reading yours too :-)

About Me and My Family