Saturday 28 March 2009

Adult Learning in Hull

Me and My Camera


Cherry Blossom

I have always enjoyed photography from a very early age, the age when you sent your films away in the post to be developed!


Beautiful Nerja, Spain

I have progressed through the years snapping happily, lots of holidays, special occasions, school functions etc etc.

Eric, The Man

At Christmas, Eric gave me the best camera I have ever owned, a Sony DSLR Alpha 350. My picture quality improved dramatically overnight with this wonderful camera.

Primroses in my garden

I have, in the past always tried to discover how to use my cameras completely, taking much time experimenting with them using all the dials and functions. This new camera however has way more gadgets and alien things attached!

Prawns in Bruge

Time to seek help. I enrolled on an Adult Education Course entitled Digital Photography, 10 weeks, but sadly has just finished.

The course was everything I could have hoped for and I learnt alot more than I expected. The course was a mix of practical work, taking photos, composing shots, learning how to look through the camera and then transferring photos to a PC and editing our creations with Serif Photo Editor. For some of the students the editing was too complex and the software the course used was too advanced.

The Mystery Machine

For me, I enjoyed learning again, discovering what more I can do with my camera. I know that what I have learnt I can apply to my own photography at home.

Photoshop Experiment

I am trialling Photoshop Elements 7 with the view to purchase. I certainly prefer this photo editing programme to Serif.

Scooby and Shaggy painted on Raffi's wall


My aim when I joined the course was to improve my skills, and I did, I am thirsty for more knowledge so will be enrolling for a more advanced course after Easter.

Spiderman is a big hero in our house


Adult Education in Hull is much and varied, looking online for local courses is a good starting point or just wait for the Adult Education glossy brochure to drop through your door like I did. I am glad I took a look.

Do you attend day time courses in Hull, it would be interesting to hear what you thought about your learning experience?

Thanks for reading.

Sue Raphael's Mum

No comments:

About Me and My Family