Monday 29 December 2008

Me and My Camera

25th December 2008....the perfect Christmas present for me from Eric, my husband. I have been using a digital camera for 2 years and have taken masses of wonderful pictures, but now is the time to move on and upgrade. My knowledge of photography is fairly limited, I know my Sony Cybershot very well, inside out,so the obvious choice was to upgrade to another Sony. I was to upgrade to a Sony 350 DSLR (Digital Single Lens Reflex Camera.

Eric went out before Christmas to buy my camera package. I was thrilled to open it Christmas Day but devastated to find that Eric had been sold the wrong memory card for my new toy! He returned to Curry's St Andrews Quay, Hull to be greeted by a very rude assistant who didn't seem to realise that they ("Curry's") had messed up our Christmas big time. Eric demanded a full refund due to their incompetence which they reluctantly agreed too.

Yesterday 28th December Eric and I went into Hull City Centre to Jessop's Camera Shop. "My" camera was there in the display case, I had set my heart on that model so went ahead and bought it. The service was excellent, the sales assistant went out of his way to give us everything we needed and more besides! One drawback, the only camera they had, was the one on display, Eric being Eric wanted a boxed set so we arranged to travel 9 miles over to Beverley to their other branch to collect it.

Today, 29th December 2008 the fun begins. Battery charged, correct memory card inserted and several pictures taken. I am a happy bunny! Thanks Eric :-).

No comments:

About Me and My Family