Friday 22 May 2009

Our Changeable Weather

All afternoon yesterday, heavy rain clouds rushed across the sky. I had to keep running for shelter in our greenhouse to avoid getting totally drenched whilst gardening.

Intermittently the sun would burst out of the clouds with some quite powerful rays. I removed my coat several times!

Finally, the moment I had been waiting for, sitting once again sheltering from the rain in the greenhouse, the sun suddenly flashed out with the rain pouring down, and YES .. a rainbow appeared and what a fabulous sight, I do love rainbows! I could see the whole arc with all its colours quite vividly.

By the time the camera was ready, the sun was beginning to dull and the rainbow starting to fade. I stood on a wobbly chair to take these pictures looking over several other peoples backgardens in the Newland part of Kingston Upon Hull.



This was the very first snap I took, and I think the best.


Rainbows are quite common here because of our unpredictable weather systems.. no two days are the same. The weather forecasters have a terrible time predicting anything.

Perhaps April showers have been delayed to May this year, we seem to be having a hell of alot of rain, and on a daily basis.

I am just hoping for dry weather Sunday, Eric, Raphael and I have been invited to a barbecue, but, as usual, I will pack for wet weather just in case! You get used to it after a while!






No comments:

About Me and My Family